19.10.11

What To Expect: Review



As mentioned in my previous post, pregnancy can be pretty darned complicated. And you know what? Once your little precious bundle is born, things don't always get a whole lot easier! There's establishing breastfeeding and sleep routines, all kinds of newborn "conditions" to worry about and more. I've learned that just because it's your second baby, that doesn't mean that these things become old hat! You still worry. Just. As. Much.

One of the first items I purchased when I found out I was pregnant with D was what so many women (and even my own doctor!) refer to as the "Pregnancy Bible" ... And I can see why they'd call it that.  What to Expect When You're Expecting is a comprehensive book about pregnancy, and includes everything from Baby's development week by week, to what symptoms and feelings Mom might be having at the time.  I loved being able to refer to it every time I had a concern about a symptom or about the birth itself, and reading up each week about where my little one was at developmentally.

What To Expect has just released an all new version of their popular book What To Expect When You're Expecting, and I was fortunate enough to receive 2 copies of this as well as their two newest books What To Expect The First Year and What To Expect The Second Year.  I found the new book to be extremely useful during my pregnancy.  I even took it to the hospital with me when I was on bedrest!  I looked up symptoms and conditions to learn more about them after speaking with my doctor, and read the entire chapter on breastfeeding so I'd feel more prepared before L was born.  I gave the second set of books to my Brother and Sister in Law who are expecting their first baby this February. 




The What to Expect series of books would make a wonderful gift for any new parents.  Have a look for yourself at What To Expect online - a great resource in addition to these wonderful books!   




Photobucket