6.2.11

I Guess This Is Growing Up

D has always been a fairly good sleeper.  From the time she was about 6 weeks old, she was sleeping through the night in her own room and only waking for a feed after about 6 solid hours of sleep.  With the exception of teething and growth spurts, we've rarely had any trouble with D at bedtime.  I guess we were just lucky!

The other night, DH and I put our little girl to bed in her crib as usual, without a hitch.  Later, we went to bed ourselves and it was not until we were both sleeping that D, I suppose, decided she'd get up to no-good.  I woke up to the sound of her knocking.......

On her own door!  Ack!

"Mommy, awake now!"  "Mommy, get up!"

It was maybe 10:30 at night.  This was the second time D has jumped out of her crib.  The first time was during a tantrum, and we were giving her a couple of minutes to chill out before going to get her.  She bumped her head the first time, and had not really attempted it since.  This all just seemed so random!  (And funny, to hear her knocking, but of course we could not let her see us laughing.)

Last night, we made the switch.  D slept in her big girl bed for the very first time... And you know what?  It went great.  She didn't get up, she didn't cry, she didn't wake up confused.  I'm hoping she'll continue to be a good sleeper.  I told D this morning that we would get her a special little present, for sleeping so nice in her big girl bed.  She deserves it!  My baby is growing up.  First it's the crib, next will be her suckie and daipers (can't say I'm not looking forward to the latter!)  Yes, it's just a piece of furniture... But she loved it, and we loved it, and she was always so safe sleeping there.  It's bittersweet to watch D breeze through this milestone.  I'm proud of her that she was so easily able to move on!

And now, for old time's sake.... Here's a pic of my little babe at just a couple of weeks old, in her beautiful white crib.  Until next time, crib.  ;)


   
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. First of all I want to say your babe is very cute and you parents are very lucky because most of the parents have to face many difficulties on the time of baby's grow.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for stopping by - if you have a blog, leave the URL so I can return the favor. :)