21.8.15

Learning and Fun with Safari Tales #KidsApp

When I was a kid, video games were played on an Atari with my cousins, in my Grandparents basement.  Some of them (umm.. I'm looking at you, E.T.!) were completely pointless and virtually impossible to win.  Did I learn anything?  Nah.  It was fun yelling at the TV screen though, and it was definitely a treat when I had the chance to play. 

Life in 2015 is SO different with regards to technology and gaming.  Not only do we have 2 functioning game consoles in our home (and at least 2 older models stashed in a storage closet somewhere,) my kids also have access to my smart phone, my tablet and my iPod touch - all of which they've ever so sneakily overtaken with a multitude of Apps.  It's funny how that works, isn't it?  

I'm always careful to read the reviews before installing an app for my kids.  While there's a time and place for "princess mermaid dress up beauty parlor" (I'm not sure if that's a thing, but there are a zillion games just like it) I much prefer to know that my kids are learning while playing.  With the little miss going into Grade 2, one of the biggest things we love to work on in our house is her reading skills.  I absolutely love how far she's come.  When I find an app that encourages her to build upon her already pretty impressive reading skills while still having fun, I am all for it.  My little miss is a constant thinker.  She worries about things, she thinks and gets excited about events coming up, there's just always something on her mind.  So while most people wouldn't encourage screen time before bed, I find that even 15 minutes of time on the tablet distracts her, and helps her settle down so that she can sleep.  Reading apps are perfect for this. 

Kuato Games Ltd. offers a series of great learning apps for kids of all ages.  Of particular interest are the "Tales" series of games.  



About Dino Tales & Safari Tales 

Our ‘Tales’ series of games (Dino Tales is the first, Safari Tales the second) aims at enhancing literary skills in kids ages 4 – 10. We have created a wonderful 3D world which young kids can play in, rich with places to visit, games to play and animals to discover. Throughout the game, kids will be reading in order to follow their quests, and can ask an in-game character, Darwin, real questions by selecting words and joining them together to form sentences. We have a few thousand possibilities and he will speak back the answer with facts about animals, their environment, eating habits, etc. This encourages kids to form sentence structure correctly, read and understand meaning. At the end of each play session, Safari Tales uses patented technology to convert children’s adventures, discoveries and achievements into an incredible interactive storybook. Each new tale can be saved and stored to be read over and again with parents and loved ones, strengthening literacy, reasoning and enquiry skills.


To download Safari Tales for iOS or Google Play, visit the following links:


Don't forget to check out Hakitsu (a Robot Battle game) and Dino Tales as well!

Enjoy!

 Photobucket