30.5.12

Lovin' Life

Since I'm long overdue for an update about life at the Born2BeMom house I thought I'd write a quick rundown about what's been going on.

For starters, the kids are doing great! D has been enjoying playing soccer this month for the first time, twice a week. She has a friend on her team and watching the two of them play together is awesome. We've been getting outdoors a lot during daycare hours now that the weather is so much nicer, too. She's such a happy kid when she gets to play outside.  All week long she asks when we'll get to go out to "Grandma's cottage" again. We haven't been out to the lake in a few weeks, so this weekend might be perfect. I recently registered D for a pre-kindergarten program starting in the Fall. I can't believe my baby girl will be going to school! She is very, very excited about it. I'm nervous about how well she'll take direction from a teacher, since that's not something she's really ever experienced, but I guess that's basically what pre-school is all about!

 L has been growing like a weed. At 8 months old he's weighing in at about 20lbs - probably more, it's been a while since I've put the not so little guy on a baby scale. Just yesterday I pulled out a new sleeper that I thought couldn't possibly fit him yet. Apparently I was wrong! Size 12 - 18 months it is, then! He's a wonderful eater - he loves his veggies and meat, and he enjoys most (but not all) fruit. I've been giving him little bites of food of my plate at meal times too, which he particularly enjoys. And here's the big news: L is crawling!!! Time to baby proof the main floor, I guess.

In other news, we've finally finished some work around the house and we've now got a fully fenced in backyard! We bought a cool fire pit and DH and I have been enjoying sitting outdoors in the evenings, roasting marshmallows and chilling out after the kids are in bed. (Baby monitors are the greatest things, aren't they?) 

As for the blog, I've got some fantastic reviews and giveaways coming up for some great kid's DVDs, a Little Tikes Sandbox and an awesome giveaway for made in Canada skincare products.  So stay tuned.  :)

Photobucket