11.9.10

When My World Changed

Two years ago today, I called my Mom in a panic - not because I was going into labor but because it was nearing go-time and we still had no drapes in the nursery! And no prepared meals in the freezer! Oh, I was nesting...big time. I begged Mom to come shopping with me, because D was due in just 2 weeks and I didn't feel 100% "ready"... It just wouldn't do. So, she came and got me in the morning, and I hobbled off with her to Superstore first, and then to look for window coverings at the fabric store. Her neighbor and our good friend met us there, to help with the decisions and look at the sales. Three and a half hours later, I had new curtains for the baby's room, drapes for the master bedroom AND for the living room and dining room as well as a new duvet cover and sheets for DH and I. I've always been good at spending money. ;)

By this point, my feet were KILLING me - and of course they were swollen up the size of footballs, so we decided to go and have lunch. Now, a sane pregnant lady would have stopped after all of this shuffling around - but not me! I was in dire need of groceries, because the next day I was planning to spend ALL DAY in the kitchen preparing meals to freeze for after the baby was born. So, we made a trip to Safeway and picked up $200 worth of meat, veggies, pasta and everything I'd need. Late that afternoon, I arrived home with my dozens of shopping bags feeling like I had everything under control. Yeah, I was almost ready!!! I was also completely and utterly wiped out... but did that stop me? Ha! Not at all - I hauled out my iron and ironing board, opened up all the new curtains and drapes, ironed ALL of them and hung them before starting to make dinner for DH and I.

I'm sure at this point, most of you can see where I'm going with this...

That night, I was absolutely DONE. I crashed, woke up the next day feeling refreshed but still tired, got myself some decaf and sat down in front of the TV to chill out for a couple of hours, before starting in the kitchen. I was just thinking to myself, you know what? I kind of hate The View! When I felt what can only be described as the most disgusting, panic inducing gush of "omg" fluid from you know where... They say it only happens like that in the movies, and that most often when your water breaks, there's usually only a trickle. I can verify that's a LOAD OF CRAP! It was just like in the movies. Gross. So, of course I panicked and called my Mom, who had me call my O.B. Then I tried getting a hold of DH who of course was not able to answer his phone as he was driving at the time. I used the emergency number he gave me, and to this day I feel I should go and apologize to the guy who answered for putting him through that! I hope he has kids, at least then he might understand my crying and pleading, and begging for DH, LOL.

We made it to the hospital - no contractions, no pain - and my c-section was a breeze. My little girl was born on September 12th, 2008 and was absolutely perfect. She was a beautiful newborn with dark hair and huge, clear blue eyes (which to this day have remained the most gorgeous blue I've ever seen.) The doctor told us she was very pretty, and followed with "I don't just say that to anyone.." She slept through the night after only 6 weeks, and was most often easy to calm when crying.

Tomorrow, D will be 2 years old! We've had an amazing 2 years, and as she grows more each day I can't help but be amazed by her charm, her sense of humor and how much she seems to be learning. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring. Happy Birthday to my little Munchkin - I love you more than anything or anyone in the world! xo


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty site. Following from Fun Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birth stories! Happy Birthday to your little one!

    My oldest was breech. I did everything to get him to turn, which was painful! I was low on fluid, and he just wouldn't turn. I had a c-section too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great story Kristin. :)
    -Nikki Bergen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by today! :) Yes, 10 kids was a lot but it was great to see the smiles on their faces. We had them all outside playing and they had plenty of room so it wasn't too bad! Have a great weekend, too!
    The Frugal Free Gal
    http://frugalfreegal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for stopping by - if you have a blog, leave the URL so I can return the favor. :)